Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   AMA Racing (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/)
-   -   Daytona 200, Live! And the winner is... (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/1696-daytona-200-live-winner.html)

MoeMoe 03-10-2003 08:15 AM

Re: Daytona 200, Live! And the winner is...

congrats to MIGUEL, Ben, and Kurtis! Nice day for Honda.

rsheidler 03-10-2003 08:18 AM

I guess those who wrote off Duhamel as being past his prime were as premature as those who predicted the death of the V-twins in racing.

Interesting that pre-race pundits thought Yates would be the gixxer pilot with tire problems, but that it turned out to be Mat with the problem. Really great to see Aaron do so well! I think he is one of the more underestimated racers in AMA.

Was really glad to see Kurtis not take this win also -- his helmet wouldn't fit his fat head had he done so. Great rider but seems like a real prick!

I was gonna try not follow it this morning and wait to see it on tape tonight, but didn't have the will power to stay away!

WSB needs to pay close attention to how it should be done.

Bob

rsheidler 03-10-2003 08:23 AM

Re: Daytona 200, Live!

Anybody besides me have problem with the live feed? At about lap 44, stopped getting any updates. Tired to reload and got blank page.

longride 03-10-2003 08:27 AM

Was that the sound of three crappy V-Twins wailing through the finish, or could I hear KPaul crying all the way to Chicago?

hawkrider 03-10-2003 08:56 AM

Q:How do you know your riding an inline 4 at Daytona? A: You have the image of an "obsolete" RC51's rear end burned into your memory banks.

Q: How do you know you are racing a Ducati at Daytona? A: You do your post race interview while the race is still running.

Congrats to Honda and the RC51 Riders.

KPaulCook 03-10-2003 09:32 AM

V-Twin revival yeah right? It's still early boys.

Before everyone jumps on the V-Twin bangwagon, let me remind you that this is the only the first year of the big inlines. It is just a matter of time. Is Honda going to update the RC-51? no Is Kawasaki going to develop a ZX-10? yes Is Ducati developing a V-4 for street? yes Aprilia developing a Triple for the street? yes. Lastly Honda will be relasing a replacement to the 954.

P.S. Yamaha will get the R1 up there.

KPaulCook 03-10-2003 09:35 AM

The glass is half full, No Ducati Cup here.

Yates did OK so did EBoz. It is the first race on new bikes.

longride 03-10-2003 10:14 AM

Re: The glass is half full, No Ducati Cup here.

Yup, it's the first race on SUPERIOR bikes, right? Especially one where power is premium. Yes, those you mentioned did "ok" on "superior", inline four machinery.

rsheidler 03-10-2003 10:18 AM

EBoz

Do you suppose EBoz is kicking himself in the ass over his decision to sit out the Supersport race in order to save his strength for the 200? If he had known that he had a full day of rest, I bet he might have had the Kwacker up in the front group, at least. Doesn't seem that anybody else is having much race success on Kawasakis these days (see the World SuperSport a week ago, or MotoGP test times).

longride 03-10-2003 10:18 AM

Re: V-Twin revival yeah right? It's still early boys.

Shouldn't superior machinery be leading right from the start? Why would they need to "develop" anything to beat a crappy, old, outdated V-Twin?