Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 02-04-2003, 08:21 AM   #31
Ken_Packard
Founding Member

Default Re: Is The V-Twin Falling From Favor?

So you decided on the FZ1 after your post many months ago asking for help in deciding what to get after your Monster?
Ken_Packard is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2003, 08:22 AM   #32
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Longride, are you serious?

I'm the bozo that posted it, so you can flame me, if you like. I may even respond in a calm, relaxed manner.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:27 AM   #33
BadCop
Founding Member

Default Re: Longride, are you serious?

Come on, have you been hiding out the past 10years? EVERY portal links to other sites/articles without showing or claiming credit, the articles themselves usually have a byline. Besides, this forum is open to the public for reading (only subscribers can post) so MO isn't charging for the link. Anyone can submit a link for this forum, subject to MO's acceptance.
BadCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 08:27 AM   #34
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Yeah, let me know when you are riding out. Should be a real mess in Milwaukee come the 100th. I heard they changed Sturgis dates because of the 100th. Just bring lots of oil and spare parts for the ride.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:51 AM   #35
rsheidler
Founding Member

>>it's content free - pure speculation my some nameless nitwit<<

That seem to describe a great deal of what is posted at Motorcycledaily.com. Hell, KPaul's rantings (I'm half-way kidding, KPaul) on the death of the VTwin are more substantive.

This makes a good example for those who claim that motorcycledaily.com (for free) is a better deal than MO for <$12/year.

Cheers

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 09:36 AM   #36
BadCop
Founding Member

Kudos for joining the service in this time of global conflict; we need people like yourself to defend and protect our future, (including our freedom to ride the bike of our choosing). However, you might want to consider drydocking the ol' FZ1 cause after bootcamp, you may be on the first flight out of Yuma to pay a visit to Mr. Hussein. Hopefully it won't be for long. I was there in the early 80's for the Iran hostage crisis. Hoorah!!
Old 02-04-2003, 09:51 AM   #37
seruzawa
The Toad

Didn't the return of V-twins to roadracing in the 80's have its genesis in the growing popularity BOTT races? So the AMA gave V-twins a weight advantage to cash in on this popularity and allow them to compete against 750-4s? Now that the factories are all involved they want to cook the rules in the direction of their own expertises? So you see the big4 using their influence to cook the rules back to inline4s?

It's sure darned embarassing to have that little pipsqueak Italian company, that can barely make a profit, keep taking the big4 to school.

Can't have that.
Old 02-04-2003, 09:52 AM   #38
BadCop
Founding Member

Whoa!!! KR himself admitted that the KR3 was inspired by Freddie Spencer's V-3 two stroke; hmm, I wonder what inspired the KR V5? Ditto for Ducati's V4. Can you say the "C" word?
Old 02-04-2003, 10:05 AM   #39
BadCop
Founding Member

You conveniently omit the fact that twins get a 33% displacement advantage. That's a pretty steep barrier to overcome regardless of other factors to level the field. In WSB, Ducati is realizing that the rules NEED to be cooked, who wants to watch a Ducati exhibition? Not good for Ducati, not good for the sport. The growing popularity of MotoGP is testament to this.
Old 02-04-2003, 10:16 AM   #40
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Heck I've got 250 miles on her now and so many parts have fallen off all that's left is the wheels, motor, and frame. It kinda looks like that Chrysler thing at the auto show.

I'll be staying about 1/2 hour East of Milwaukee so I'm sure I'll have plenty of traffic to ride through heading into the city.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote