Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 01-22-2003, 04:54 PM   #11
hawkrider
Founding Member

Default Re: Day 2 times Revenge of the Inline 4

Five out of the top six bikes are V-Twins. Thanks for pointing out the improvement on day two for the twins. Imagine how much faster a talented guy like Bostom would be on a Duc or a 51!
hawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2003, 06:04 PM   #12
KPaulCook
Banned

LOL Wait till Mladin shows up with a 1000 tuned to Superbike specs. The rest of those inline bikes are 600s. Good grief Charlie Brown. Notice the raw 954 is up there. Give the liter 4s time and its history for V-Twin..
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 06:44 AM   #13
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Just a minute. Look at day 2

The 954 was barely ahead of Hacking's Yamaha 600.

Seriously, for early stages of development and on a track like Laguna, that is impressive.

I hope we see a series where V-twins, bored-out 750s and 1000s all are mixing it up. My guess is that each configuration will have tracks where it will shine. Should be some great racing!

And the 600's! Wow. Heavyweight talent fighting for that championship!

Bring on the racing!
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 06:49 AM   #14
rsheidler
Founding Member

My money says that Yates kicks Mladin's ass. I expect the big gixxer to do well at Daytona, and maybe a couple of the other NASCAR tracks, but I predict that the battle for the championship is between BBoz and EBoz, although GoShow could be the spoiler.
Old 01-23-2003, 07:50 AM   #15
rsheidler
Founding Member

Note that all these times (for Superbikes) are somewhat off the pace -- eg GoShow ran 1 25.5 in Apr 99 on his Duc, Troy and Colin were in the 1 24.8s last year, while EBoz and Nicky were 1 25.5 and 1 25.8, respectively.

I assume that all of the top superbike riders out there are not going all out for fastest time. This is a test, and the idea is to learn as much as possible about tires, setup etc more than getting fastest time. While test times are interesting to follow (especially this time of year when there is no road racing to follow), one should not place too much stock in relative times -- different riders/teams may have different test objectives.

It is interesting that the top 600s ARE at under record times though.
Old 01-24-2003, 09:43 AM   #16
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: Testing Times At Laguna Seca

Hey, whatever man, as long as the rules aren't different for each type of engine, I will be happy.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote