Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 01-06-2003, 01:15 PM   #1
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Welcome to 250s Mr. Reed

Sean -- thanks for posting this.

Have not seen much here about any form of dirt bike racing or dirt bikes, but I am sure that there are a lot more like me who ARE interested.

How about writing up something about your supermoto race experiences?

Regards,

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2003, 01:17 AM   #2
rideondude
Founding Member

Ditto Sean, more dirt would be nice...especially in regards to the Supercross series. There are so many interesting stories in both the 250 and 125 classes.

As far as this race goes, apparently Reed is not intimidated by Carmicheal very much. But then again, it's only 1 race and it's a long season. Should be fun!
rideondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 04:40 AM   #3
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

You know if Reed keeps this up, Honda is gonna have to buy him too. They are already saving for Stewart so they can keep those bought championships coming.
Old 01-07-2003, 06:58 AM   #4
JohnGeisz
Founding Member

Default DEAR BELOVED MO STAFF...

Would it be at all possible to keep from giving away the results of the races from the HEADLINES on the homepage of the site?

I love checking in with MO daily, but wifey and I like to find out who the winners are as we're watching the one week delayed race coverage on TV.

I appreciate the SX coverage on MO, but WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE to title the link to the story, "Anaheim SX Opener!" or "A New Paradigm in Anaheim!" or whatever.

Please, oh please!

Of course I'll be at the Dallas, Indy, St. Louis and possibly the Atlanta rounds, so you can spoil those... but then again, there may be other SX fans on the site...

Thanks!
JohnGeisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 07:13 AM   #5
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: DEAR BELOVED MO STAFF...

Yeah, this is a tough issue for races where TV coverage is delayed -- even if it is same day (eg MotoGP). I have that problem with the speedtv.com site. I open the site to check on the schedule to verify the time the race will air, and there in the headline is the race result!

Old 01-07-2003, 07:33 AM   #6
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

I feel ashamed! No joke. I was one of the readers who would brow beat MO mercilessly over spoilers. I apologize to all of you for hinting at the winner in the subject line. I promise it won't happen again.

As for more dirt coverage... I will see what I can do. A lot of it depends on sanctioning bodies / OEMs getting the info to me in a timely manner. Of copurse they could just send me tickets, then I could cover events live for MOland.

Stay Tuned,

Sean
Old 01-07-2003, 07:35 AM   #7
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Har Har Har... Tell Oliver Stone I said "Hi"
Old 01-07-2003, 07:45 AM   #8
JohnGeisz
Founding Member

Cool Sean!

Thanks! I'll put you in my Will.

Ride on.
JohnGeisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 09:26 AM   #9
bluedot
Founding Member

With such little evidence against Honda's desire to win championships that Stone analogy is just perfect ..... (!)

While were making analogies ... tell us OJ, how's that search for the "real killers" going... ? (wink)
bluedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 09:33 AM   #10
rsheidler
Founding Member

Of course, when they DO win a championship fair and square, they dump the rider and bail out of the entire series for the following season (Colin Edwards, in World Superbike, for those few who don't know what I refer to).

That ain't the way ol man Honda woulda done it, I am sure.

Bob