Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   AMA Racing (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/)
-   -   Honda CBR 600RR Fast In Initial Testing. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/1469-honda-cbr-600rr-fast-initial-testing.html)

SeanAlexander 11-30-2002 03:16 PM

Re: Honda CBR 600RR Faster than RC51?

The back "straight" at the classic course is quite long and includes an excellent top-gear WFO right hand sweeper.

Buzglyd 11-30-2002 03:51 PM

Re: Honda does it again with innovation (original thinking) and style.

What's even better is that in two years this bike will be worth 3 grand. Now that's price/performance! ;-)

Joe_Momma 11-30-2002 04:57 PM

Aren't you the runningback for Seattle SeaHawks.

SeanAlexander 11-30-2002 06:21 PM

Yes

Grappelli 12-01-2002 12:53 AM

Re: Honda CBR 600RR Fast In Initial Testing.

I have to say.. apart from the honda paint scheme, it looks very exotic. Just about the flashest honda I've ever seen, and that includes the old RC's when they cam out. It's as flash as that oval piston job they used to race. If I was 6 inches shorter I'd be buying one as son as they came in.

Grappelli 12-01-2002 12:54 AM

man I can't type.....

Grappelli 12-01-2002 12:56 AM

Especially since this is standard on all Honda's in Europe.....

sarnali 12-01-2002 05:11 AM

Really!,,,,,, Honda testing dept:,,,,Tetsuyo: " Damn boss this thing runs like crap, It's all over the track like a cheap kimono",,,,,, Soichiro: " we'll tell them it's new technology derived from the RC211V, and with it's angled valve's and aluminum oil cooler, it's an expert's only bike, those Gaijin will buy anything as long as it's new and improved," Tetsuyo:" Word up dog, I'll call sport- motor- cycle-BIKE!-rider-world and tell them what to say."

longride 12-01-2002 05:23 AM

"They weren't listed as "New" features. Nobody claimed them to be innovations, they are just part of the specs and features."

Yes, there was one person that claimed many innovations.

longride 12-01-2002 05:32 AM

I'm going to try to be patient, again. I really think you need to look up the word "innovation" KPaul. Your answer in no way listed any innovations, other than it was made for a cheap price. That is not innovation. That is just willingness to lose money in certain areas of motorcycle manufacture. Since you are an engineer, you would know you cannot logically redesign an entire bike and only sell it for the same price or slightly more and continue this every 2 years and possibly make any money. Notice that the poorer Japanese mfgs. cannot do this same trick with the regularity as Honda. Kawasaki, for example, has many bikes in their lineup that haven't been changed in many years and are screaming for an update. But their 600 gets the 2 year redo, while the other models sit unchanged. Now add 2 and 2 for once and come up with the answer as to why this situation exists.