Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 02-08-2010, 11:30 AM   #11
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

" Where exactly is the payoff to participate?..."

So the 'payoff' was better when Mladin lapped the field for the last 10 years? Please!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #12
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Dam, didn't look it up, even told the wife that it didnt look right.
Dictionary.com | Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com is helpful.

No sarcasm here, BTW (for once!).
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:20 PM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Well yes, but....

Say you're Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and you're asked to run 600cc bikes. Then a fairly mediocre rider is given "Bike X" with 2X the displacement and a big torque and horsepower benefit and he starts running away with it. And it gets so bad the race organizers start stuffing lead in the fairing of "Bike X" to keep it from lapping 2ond and 3rd place riders. Where exactly is the payoff to participate? I've heard all the baloney about how a 1125cc Buell is somehow equal to a 600cc bike and it's just that: baloney.

I don't blame them for bailing.
No one complained until they started losing. The time to bytch was after the new rules were released and before the season started.

Don't worry. Buell is gone. Kawasaki is gone and soon AMA road racing may very well be gone too. The AMA, Mladin and the Big4 did that. Not Buell and not DMG.

The whining from the Japanese would sound a bit less hypocritical weren't it for the fact that they've locked out Triumph too. **** 'em.

Last edited by seruzawa; 02-08-2010 at 12:23 PM..
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:06 PM   #14
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I didn't say "free" I said "fixed". Kawasaki's recent tantrum proved that. "Promise us a Championship or we go home, boo hoo hoo."
Ah thats why Tommy Hayden won his championship, because it was fixed. It must have not been due to any of his riding talant,...right.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:09 PM   #15
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Well yes, but....

Say you're Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and you're asked to run 600cc bikes. Then a fairly mediocre rider is given "Bike X" with 2X the displacement and a big torque and horsepower benefit and he starts running away with it. And it gets so bad the race organizers start stuffing lead in the fairing of "Bike X" to keep it from lapping 2ond and 3rd place riders. Where exactly is the payoff to participate? I've heard all the baloney about how a 1125cc Buell is somehow equal to a 600cc bike and it's just that: baloney.

I don't blame them for bailing.
Other than last year when did a slower rider win because of his equiptment?

Last edited by MOKE1K; 02-08-2010 at 01:14 PM..
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:16 PM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Ah thats why Tommy Hayden won his championship, because it was fixed. It must have not been due to any of his riding talant,...right.
All bikes have the exact same bore and stroke. No others need apply. Or we go home in a snit. AMA racing is collapsing because it is corrupt. This is always the case. Just keep looking and more will out.

Or was "stop the race because Mladin fell" an example of honest even handed racing?
Old 02-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #17
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Here's the Klazy Ken Plan of Racing Simplicity; guaranteed to get big crowds:

Race is open to anyone who puts up $25,000. That money forms 1/2 the purse, sponsors agree to match the entrace fees.
No factory sponsored bikes or riders.
Only bikes that have valid registration and insurance can enter. (Race on Sunday, sell on Monday)
No pit stops.
Winner gets 1/2 the purse, 2ond and 3rd split the rest.
Performance enhancing drugs, bribes, sabotage, and cheating, on and off the track, are encouraged.
Audience may attempt to influence the outcome by hurling objects from the stands.
Chicks get a 1/2 lap head start.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:01 PM   #18
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
All bikes have the exact same bore and stroke. No others need apply. Or we go home in a snit. AMA racing is collapsing because it is corrupt. This is always the case. Just keep looking and more will out.

Or was "stop the race because Mladin fell" an example of honest even handed racing?
Your avoiding the question, Tommy Haydens Championship was fixed, by Kawasaki. Explain that? Youve made these claims for awhile, if its that consistant there should be alot more examples other than the ones youve mentioned.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #19
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Your avoiding the question, Tommy Haydens Championship was fixed, by Kawasaki. Explain that? Youve made these claims for awhile, if its that consistant there should be alot more examples other than the ones youve mentioned.
You Jappophiles are always a hoot.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:44 PM   #20
MOKE1K
Registered Member

No examples huh, thats what I figured. Look the Japanese have an advantage over anyone who doesnt have a full fledged operation, more than even a satalite team for that matter. Is that the advantage you speak of? Is it possibly the total number of years, experience, and set up notes they have, plus the money to hire the best riders and all the endless equiptment. Cause that advantage I can see, fixed races or Championships I can't.