Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   AMA Racing (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/)
-   -   AMA Superbike Rules for `03 (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ama-racing/1426-ama-superbike-rules-for-03-a.html)

veefer69 10-17-2002 05:55 AM

Re: AMA Superbike Rules for `03

Are there any restrictions for 1000cc bikes? Inline 4 or V twin?

1st Post..

Steven_Verschoor 10-17-2002 07:49 AM

LOL, c'mon veefer, if you hadn't been so desperate to get that "first post," you could've visited the site Johnny referenced and read the rules for yourself.</p>

johnnyb 10-17-2002 07:59 AM

thank you.

longride 10-17-2002 08:55 AM

No, thank YOU

red-silver 10-17-2002 09:30 AM

This will get really interesting....

Let's hope it does not become a GSXR parade!

There will be some potential meaty competitors now ~ Honda 954 & RC51, Suzuki (the twins as well as the fours), Ducati 999, Yamaha R1, The Triumph 3's, Benelli, Aprilia, Kawasaki.

It will be very interesting, when everyone is allowed the same total capacity, to see if the twins can maintain their weight/power delivery advantage.

I wish the japanese manufacturers were not scaling down their superbike efforts. I really believe superbike can continue to showcase production technology, while moto-gp gets more and more exotic.

Whoever begins to push the envelope first in MotoGp, will force the others to follow. The list of technical inovations that could come out of the MotoGp series is staggering, but it will drive costs to the moon!

I truly believe if we are going to have a cost controlled production based series like this, that the rule makers should have Nascar like flexibility, to prevent one manufacturer from dominating the series.

veefer69 10-17-2002 09:49 AM

I did read it. I was thinking there were going to be intake restrictions like WSB but apperently there won't be any. You know, the reason Honda won't support a WSB team next year. Just trying to strike up conversation you big meanies.

Cyberj10 10-17-2002 10:33 AM

Uh.....................what's NASCAR?

jmeyn 10-17-2002 10:37 AM

You can do it yourself, John

Try (a href="amaproracing.com">The AMA Pro Racing Site(/a> replacing all ( with [b]. It's a LINK! . Surprise Calvin!

jmeyn 10-17-2002 10:48 AM

Re: You can do it yourself, John

What do you guys use for an escape character? doesn't work. I was trying to say "replacing all ( with left-caret".

nweaver 10-17-2002 11:04 AM

Prediction: GSXR/R1 will dominate by the end...

Looking at the rules, you are still allowed a fair amount of tweaking. The manufacturers will have to produce any alternate fuel injectors, but you CAN have an alternate fuel injector/throttle body assembly for racing purposes, if Yamaha/Suzuki/Honda would develop and provide them.

You can futz with the valve train alot (new cams, mostly new valves, new springs, new timing), lighter pistons and con-rods, etc etc etc etc etc. You can't increase the gas flow in the enigne however (valves must be stock size, no machining out the head).

With the R1 and GSXR already competitive in British Superbike (with airflow restrictions) at a much lower cost/bike, I'd expect that the AMA Superbike is going to have a pretty large number of R1/GSXR/Fireblades doing very very well by the end of the 2003 season.