Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 08-20-2002, 06:14 AM   #1
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: Carmichael Clinches AMA Motocross Championship

Will he ride the CR450F next time?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-20-2002, 12:30 PM   #2
jamesohoh7
Founding Member

That was the rumor I heard, but since he tends to be pretty superstitious, I kind of doubt he's going to risk breaking his string here.

I could see him try it if he had not finished 1-1 at least once this year already, but he has a chance to do something "that will never be beaten" (it could be equalled, but not beaten) in going 1-1 in every moto. It'd be like a pitcher changing shoes in the 8th inning of a perfect game... why mess with it?

I just doubt he'd want to blow that chance by getting on an unfamiliar bike.

-James

jamesohoh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 02:43 PM   #3
pplassm
Founding Member

Default I guess there aren't too many dirt riders reading this site.

Kind of dissappointing, really. I ride anything with two wheels and an engine. Dirt, street, mud, rocks, I love them all.

I've got dirt bikes, MXers, trials bikes, street bikes, a flat tracker and an ex-roadracer. It doesn't take money, just passion.

Pete P.

Old 08-23-2002, 10:02 AM   #4
grover750
Founding Member

Really Amazing. Really dissappointing the lack of coverage this gets. I'm from MN, and Ricky clinched the points championship here in Millville, and the local paper only mentioned the results in with the box scores & stuff, no writeup or anything. Over 30,000 people attended, no coverage. This follows the Feburary indoor MX in the metrodome, when 50,000 people packed downtown for the race. Same amount of coverage. Crotch rocket racing gets way more coverage, but way more people race dirt bikes than crotch rockets. An AMA district 23 race here in MN gets anywhere from 500 to over 1000 entries every weekend in the summer, but still no media coverage.

You can get a $2500 dirt bike, and buy $500 worth of gear, a $300 trailer & a hitch and you're racing. Motocross has to be the cheapest motosport to be a part of.
grover750 is offline   Reply With Quote