Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 07-15-2002, 04:07 PM   #1
SlowBear
Founding Member

Default Re: AMA Superbike results from Laguna

Wow, nobody has anything to say?

I'll start with great job Eric, you road the wheels of that antique.
SlowBear is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-15-2002, 05:54 PM   #2
Harold_Hendrick
Founding Member

I wish I could have seen it! I am deployed right now in Saudi Arabia and could not get it over here. Has Kawasaki made improvements on that old bike, or is Bostrom just that damn good?
Harold_Hendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 07:37 PM   #3
KPaulCook
Banned

Bostrom is that good. Cause the WSB regulars on the same bike suck. The color comentator Dave Sadowski commented that is Eric was pushing the bike to its limits and was carrying more speed into the corners to make up for the exit power of the Twins (Ducati and Honda). The Kawasaki also had the best top end suprisely having the best trap speed. Next year in-line 4s get to use bigger displacements so it should be more interesting.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 03:32 AM   #4
CBRunner
Founding Member

I am a huge Eboz fan and I have to say that he did, indeed, ride the wheels off that old Ninja. I miss watching him ride in SS 600 but as long as he is riding, I will be watching.

Did anybody catch the Superpole qualifying on Saturday night? That was awesome, being able to watch each rider and listen to each bike individually so you could pick up every nuance of their technique? Very informative, wish they would show qaulifying more often. Two weeks til Mid-Ohio and I will be there ALL weekend, hanging with Eboz!! Go Eric!
CBRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 01:44 PM   #5
Benji_2
Founding Member

I have to say, Eric Bostom has got to be one of the best racers on two wheels I've ever seen. I went to Laguna Seca over the weekend and just watching him come through the Corkscrew, he looked and sounded faster than anyone else. The guy just seems to push harder than anyone else. Nicky was actually running pretty close to him, but slowed partially due to traffic and I think because he settled for points. Watching the two bikes (zx7r and rc51) you could tell Bostom had less horsepower in the straights, he just pushed it through the corners more. By the way, walking through the parking lots served as a better bike show than any Cycle World show I've been to. I saw 5 MV Agusta F4's and two of them were Senna editions!! I also saw 2 R7's, one blue and one red!!! Incredible!!! I saw 3 B. Bostrom replicas and one custom that had the L&M scheme as well as 2 Bayliss 998s's and at the Ducati tent a MH900e. Heaven!!!!! Oh yeah, at the Suzuki tent there was a race Hayabusa that will compete in Formula Extreme next year. 1664cc with 250+ horsepower, an exadurated front fairing with 4 intakes. The weather was perfect (not hot, not really), if you've never been to Laguna, go there!!
Benji_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 02:51 PM   #6
fujinator
Founding Member

I second Benji's comments. We are trying to make Laguna Seca an annual sojourn (so far we've gone in '96, '01 and '02), and can't wait for '03. The dates have already been posted as July 11-13, 2003, so mark your calendars!!!
fujinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 07:03 PM   #7
KPaulCook
Banned

Default A pilgrimage from Seattle to Laguna to be planned

OK Benji you talked us NW ers (trapped in the rain for 300 days a year) into going. Everyone that I have talked to that has gone says its the place to see a race. Great post. Wish I could of seen that Hayabusa. Lucky Dog
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote