Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 05-28-2002, 09:02 AM   #1
RickZ
Founding Member

Default Re: Pike's Peak preview

Nicky will win again. The only question that still remains... when will the boy wonder move to WSB and get on the #5 bike? He and Colin would be a great team, IMO.
RickZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-28-2002, 10:13 AM   #2
Larrysupersport
Founding Member

I couldn't have said it better. I would love to see Hayden in the FIM championship. Especially with the Texas Tornado as a team mate. That would make a great team.
Larrysupersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 12:26 PM   #3
AzizaVFR
Founding Member

A good test of Nicky's talent may come at Laguna Seca. He has considerable experience on this track. It will be interesting if Honda allows him to ride on that particular Sunday, with the WSB regulars. It should prove to be a fun-filled weekend of racing.

Enjoy.

AzizaVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 01:11 PM   #4
4in6
Founding Member

Default don't put all your egg's in one basket.

It makes more sense for Honda to keep a dominant rider in each series. Why have Honda finishes 1,2,3 in FIM WSB when they can have a guy going for the championship in each series. Why do you think Steve Crevier has won a bunch of Canadian Titles but hasn't been bumped up to WSB or AMA. Honda wants the best rider they can get in each series. Why create competition for yourself?
4in6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 05:38 PM   #5
DMoen
Founding Member

Default Re: don't put all your egg's in one basket.

Er...Crevier was in the AMA for many years with spotty results. Upon his return to Canada he has resumed his career as national champion.
DMoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 06:08 PM   #6
leonardskinner
Founding Member

Er, 600cc supersport champion for Suzuki can't be all that spotty......Granted he never won a race that season(I believe), but his consistancy got him the title.
leonardskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 01:56 AM   #7
4in6
Founding Member

Thats the point instead of having a guy thats good enough to win a Canadian Superbike championship racing and finishing fourth or fifth behind two other riders from your team. I wouild just leave him in Canada. Now if Edwards were ineffective in WSB I could see bringing Hayden over but seeing how Edwards is holding the fort there is no need to send reinforcements. It's a basic warfighting strategy placing the proper personel in the place they are needed.
4in6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 08:05 AM   #8
Drakino
Founding Member

I went down to the track for the free practice/qualifying sessions on Friday and had a good time. Hopefully the willdfires will be kept under control a bit more for the real races today, as I can imagine the smoke on Firday for a bit caused a few problems for the riders already having problems with the thin air.
Drakino is offline   Reply With Quote