Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 05-06-2002, 06:47 AM   #1
superbikefan
Founding Member

Default Re: AMA Superbike Day 2 Sears Point

Well, the Mladin era is apparently now over- excellent! I for one am looking forward to an AMA champion (Nicky, of course), who is NOT a dirty tricks, "whatever it takes", trash talking/ baiting, winner. Character does count, and Nicky definitely has it and will probably win championships.

Telling images: fathers and sons getting their Hayden t-shirts signed by a gracious rider in the pits, versus "Anyone but Mladin" t shirts for sale...
superbikefan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2002, 07:17 AM   #2
minime
Founding Member

Default Re: AMA Superbike Day 2 Sears Point

Not to mention how wonderful it was to see Nicky congradulate his sister back home who had just graduated from school. It's the little things...
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 09:49 AM   #3
jhayton
Founding Member

Default I still say the AMA sucks!

It was a beautiful day for the races on sunday, and the best race of the day, by far, was Chuck Sorensen (Stargel Aprilia) in the MBNA250 GP. The 250 guys give the best show of all. Close racing, and for love not $$! FX and SB were dull, dull, dull, in comparison

Its a real shame that the AMA didnt see fit to include rider names/teams/numbers for anyone but the SB and SS races in the program. They argue that fans are less interested in the other classes, well its not surprising if they dont try and encourage fan recognition!

Its no surprise that America's latest greatest young-gun, John Hopkins, has already left these shores - leapfrogging the whole US superbike scene. If America wants more world level competitors, the AMA needs to rethink its plan of letting the 250s go...

cheers

JH
jhayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 01:07 PM   #4
RickZ
Founding Member

Default Re: I still say the AMA sucks!

So, anyone else think Honda will "call-up" Nicky to "The Majors" soon to race with Colin and the Castrol Honda team?

RickZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 01:53 PM   #5
onebadoldz
Founding Member

While I'd love to see it happen, especially an all-American Castrol Honda WSB team, I do believe they mentioned that Nicky, if he wins the AMA SB Championship, would want to defend the number 1 plate.
onebadoldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 11:27 PM   #6
DucButt
Founding Member

Anyone know when Nicky's current contract expires? Probably a moot point, since HRC would easily amend his contract to allow him to race with Colin in WSBK. I would think the majority of Nicky's fans, myself included, would much rather see him go to WSBK or MotoGP.

I've been looking forward all year to my annual pilgrimage to Laguna Seca - Hoping Nicky, Ben, Eric stomp on the field. Is Nicky going to race as a wildcard in SBK? Probably too concerned about winning the AMA to risk that. It will be good to have Haga back there as well. Laguna is my Disneyland... can't wait.
DucButt is offline   Reply With Quote