Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 05-05-2002, 02:39 AM   #1
4in6
Founding Member

Default Re: Nicky Tops at Sears Point

Why do you guys insist on putting who won on the home page. Maybe some people have taped the race and want to watch it to find out who won.
4in6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2002, 08:17 AM   #2
Huss
Founding Member

Oh c'mon! Every time you post the race results, you forget and mention who won in the heading. Every time you promise not to do it again! PLeeease try not to mention who won!!!!
Huss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 09:02 AM   #3
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Yes, every time. Good racing though.

Quit putting the name in the header. Make it a point to just say;

Sears point AMASBK results race 1.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 10:39 AM   #4
vfrpinckney
Founding Member

Default Re: AMA Supersport

Anyone else have coverage of the AMA Supersport race switch to NASCRAP television at the half-way point? What a waste of air time.
vfrpinckney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 11:04 AM   #5
jamesohoh7
Founding Member

Glad I'm not the only one that is ticked off.

I sent speed-vision a scathing e-mail which I will post here if only to continue my venting in a forum where I think perhaps some of ya'll will take similar action.

They have a 'feedback' link on their main page... that's what I used.

I know it won't do any good, but I feel a -little better- having at least said my piece.:

(excuse the language, and I guess it'll be 'starred-out' by the editor here, but I am quite "perturbed" by all of this).

=========================

What the hell is wrong with you people!!? Damn it to hell!.. The motorcycle fans that BUILT your doggone network are flat out TIRED of getting interruped during your stinkin' NASCAR-TV coverage/garbage! There is NO WAY IN HELL that any fans of NASCAR were watching the AMA-600 SS race that you decided to interrupt for 30 DAMNED MINUTES!... just to get the -latest- on the freakin' NASCAR race. Any fans of NASCAR already SAW the damned race when it aired, live!!

Why the HELL even publish an air time for a race (currently, the AMA 600 Supersport race) if you're only going to interrupt it!!?

What are you people smoking!!? It must be crack!!

Good Lord! I have NEVER seen such reckless disregard for your ORIGINAL, LOYAL viewers than this!!!!

You folks -really- need to just sell off the motorcycle racing coverage back to ESPN-2 if you're going to continue to pull cheap-ass stunts like this. It is becoming painfully clear that you hold all of your original fans and viewers in complete contempt. You must, as actions like this are doing NOTHING to endear you to them.

Furthermore, it has not been just motorcycle racing that you've decided to pre-empt in the middle of your broadcast. I've seen you do it to World Rally coverage as well!

Now listen to me and listen good. The S0LE reason your network exists today at ALL is because you USED to provide a fair and BROAD coverage of ALL motorsports!!! (or as many as was practial given time-slots and number of hours in a day). We all used to love watching your station simply because it exposed us to VARIOUS kinds of motorsport that we never before saw.

If you honestly think that 24-hours of NASCAR is going to keep you floating into the future, you are sadly mistaken. I, in fact, used to be a NASCAR fan, but the oversaturation of this racing has driven me away. I can count at least 10 friends with my same dislike of the overblown and ridiculous saturation of this sport.

There used to be a radio station here in Houston that broadcast Beetles tunes 24-hours a day. When it launched, everyone said "wow, there's so much material, no one could ever get sick of it!" Guess what, it folded in less than a year, if I recall correctly... certainly in less than 2 years (being -extremely generous- with that estimate).

Get a grip, you are losing your ORIGINAL fans and LOYAL viewers in droves!!

Disgustedly,

-James Rich
jamesohoh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 11:20 AM   #6
speedslug
Registered Member

I'm still fuming! I set aside time in the middle of my Sunday and then get told to 'wait' until tonight to see the race. BS.
speedslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 11:31 AM   #7
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: AMA Superbike Sears Point Race 1

Well if you just taped the AMA 600 Race on Speed Channel you got two laps then a half an hour of NASCAR wrap up BS and then the results. 2 laps, I was so pissed I sent them a lovely flame. Everyone feel free to send them a flame if you wish, Im still pissed...

www.speedvision.com click on feedback and flame away. Granted they show the race later but in the beginning of a live race is just BS. Of course ten minutes later a repeat of american thundar aired uninterupted. Nothing like coming home early from a lovely Cinco de mayo day in the park to watch the race and get Nascar post race coverage when they didnt even air the race in the first place. What is up with this country when the number one motor sport is a bunch of family sedans going left? Blows my mind...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 04:28 PM   #8
4in6
Founding Member

Hey I noticed Mr Chandler finished behind Picotte in both races. I guess that god like pedastal you guys put him on doesen't get him around the track any faster. Can't wait to see what happens when the Bayou boys get this years suspension.
4in6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 04:32 PM   #9
12er
Founding Member

Yeah and Picotte is 5 points ahead too
12er is offline   Reply With Quote