Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 04-18-2002, 02:58 PM   #1
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: HMC Ducati fast at Road Atlanta

HAH! my first first post... wow, Mladin did something nice. Actually not as bad a guy as the PRESS makes him out to be. Just focussed, eh?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-18-2002, 03:10 PM   #2
gixxer
Founding Member

They were teammates during the Suzuki GP days...
gixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 05:17 PM   #3
Dynaguy
Founding Member

I'm not wild about HMC, but like Chandler. Glad to see he is making Ducati competitive in the USA.
Dynaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 08:58 PM   #4
stormcloud
Founding Member

Chandler and Schwantz teamed up on the Suzuki. Mladin rode the Cagiva. Mladin isnt a prick, just one track minded...think Lawson, Doohan, Fogarty etc - great riders, intense on the track, nice blokes off it (and yes, I've met them all!).
stormcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 11:28 PM   #5
4in6
Founding Member

Does Chandler have some dirt on you guys if you pay close attention Gobert left with the fastest lap time followed cloesly by Hayden and you guys post stuff about Chandler instead does he have nude photos of your moms because I do maybe you can write about how I was third quickest on the I 15 today
4in6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 04:42 AM   #6
Larrysupersport
Founding Member

I thought he was a prick. He has to accept his psudo celbrity statatus and at least be nice to his fans. I met him at Pikes Peak last year and now I route for Bostrom
Larrysupersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 06:27 AM   #7
gixxer
Founding Member

Yes, my bad.. Chandler was Mladin's teammate at the Cagiva team.. (after Chandler left Suzuki..)
gixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 07:21 AM   #8
superbikefan
Founding Member

Mladin is in the States to win championships for Suzuki period, not make friends with fans or riders who threaten his goals. Whatever it takes mate, seems to be his motto. He doesn't care what you or anyone else thinks about him. If it takes bullying other weaker riders, causing controversy, playing mind games on the track or in the press so be it- as long as he accomplishes his goals it doesn't matter if it's "legal", friendly, or sportsmanlike.

Prime example: blocking Ben Bostrom during qualifying three seasons ago so he could get the extra point, Colorodo round I believe. Anyone remember? Legal? Dirty and unfair? Too bad, he doesn't care, as long as he wins doesn't matter to him. He has to win championships no matter what it takes, and take his millions back to Australia- new home, Suzuki dealership, etc. Doesn't matter how he played the game, just so he WINS. Right?
superbikefan is offline   Reply With Quote