Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 04-02-2002, 07:32 AM   #11
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Default Now there's a thought...

The only former BSB rider I'm familiar with is Hodgeson (sp) but I would like to think there are more. Wouldn't that be great to find out?

TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2002, 08:05 AM   #12
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: AMA Racing goes global

I don't think we'll get to see BSB (British Superbike series) if that's what you meant. The deal was only to sell the rights to this company for AMA Superbike series. Then they can sell the rights to other broadcast companies to show the races.

I wonder how much money the AMA is making off this (and where it will go, hopefully some will be spent on promoting AMA SBK series in US), and how much this IMG company will make reselling the rights.

As much as I support the AMA in some regards, I'm not sure this will really do much for the series.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 11:49 AM   #13
jhayton
Founding Member

Default Re: Now there's a thought...

Bayliss is a former BSB champ, and Walker has been a bridesmaid a couple of times....
jhayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 11:52 AM   #14
jhayton
Founding Member

Default Re: AMA Racing goes global

Best thing they could do is use the money to finance Thursday practise - which they have done away with, largely at the expense of the privateer teams who can't afford their own private 'testing' sessions.

When Hollingsworth speaks about stakeholders, he only means factories - not riders, fans or privateer racers...
jhayton is offline   Reply With Quote