Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 03-21-2002, 11:08 AM   #1
Hawkster
Founding Member

Default Re: HMC confirms Chandler

Cool. It's good to know he'll be racing again. Bummer about Pascal, though. From the sound of it, he got a raw deal.

Hawkster

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2002, 11:53 AM   #2
onebadoldz
Founding Member

Niether Pascal or Chandler were/are gonna be contenders for the championship so who really cares what goes on with these two. I'm looking forward to a year of dominance by the Honda boys.
onebadoldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 02:19 PM   #3
putz
Founding Member

Pascal got a raw deal. I believe he could have hung up there with the Honda boys. Any one who knows him knows how driven he is. Somebody give this guy a ride!
putz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 03:45 PM   #4
intruderman
Founding Member

Now that Daytona is behind us, the Honda boys aren't going to have such an easy time. Nobody can know what's going to happen. If a Honda boy is going to win it, I hope it's Nicky and not Kurtis.
intruderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 04:15 PM   #5
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Chandler on a high horspower ducati= Very Dangerous.

How do you figure that Picotte wasn't able. He was like 4th on the grid on his first qualifying session.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 04:28 AM   #6
me_and_the_chicken
Founding Member

Default Based on what observations do you say this?

To just simply state that Chandler is going to be a non-issue is absolutely crazy. Look at his riding style. He is NOT a tire spinning monster like DuHamel, Schwantz, Rainey, or Roberts. He is very front wheel line oriented. Much more so than the above listed guys. Now back in the day when Miguel was dominating fools, you could've put Chandler on the RC45 and he would've languished. The same way Doug Polen did in WSB on the RC45.

However, Chandler on a bike that fits his riding style is something to be concerned with. DAT BE DA DUCK!

He's a lot like Luca Cadalora.

Now do I like him as a rider? No. I think he's the king of mediocrity, but at least he stays on the bike.

:-|

me_and_the_chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 04:38 AM   #7
Lobotomy_Boy
Founding Member

Pascal didn't have much of a chance at Daytona riding an Italian bike, but he could have been competitive in less grueling events.

The problem with Italian motorcycles lie in Italy's labor laws. Check out recent stories about Professor Biaggi's assasination earlier this week. The good professor was trying to reform the country's labor laws, laws that make it virtually impossible to fire anyone regardless of how incompetent that person may be, and he was shot to death.

Harley ran into problems with Italian labor laws when it tried to shut down production at the Aermacchi plant in the 1970s. Italy's laws said they could stop production, but they couldn't lay off workers, so AMF decided to keep building bikes since they had to pay the wages anyway. As a result, when Vaughn Beales and company purchased Harley in 1981 they discovered a warehouse in South America filled with excess Sprints. These bikes had been stored so long they had rusted into uselessness.

Think about the implications of this. Every incompetent worker Ducati ever hired is still building motorcycles at the factory, unless he or she has retired, died, or found work elsewhere. That's why we end up with 996s that start on fire during high-speed testing and are shipped to foriegn markets with the incorrect computer chips for their fuel injection systems. The fact that any Ducati ever even finishes the Daytona 200 is a miracle.
Lobotomy_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote