Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 03-18-2002, 08:10 AM   #1
intruderman
Founding Member

Default Re: Picotte responds to HMC termination

Man, what a sad story. The team owner should have had the decency to tell Pascal himself. If I were a "Name" racer i would think twice about signing with a team that might cut me loose because of "chemistry". I have to believe that the "chemistry" thing is just an excuse for the real reason, whatever that may be. The fact that they were dragging their feet on giving him a contract probably means that they had their eye on someone else all along.
intruderman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2002, 08:15 AM   #2
Huss
Founding Member

Oh man, you've got to feel bad for Pascal. Four years sticking with HD and then this?
Huss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 08:26 AM   #3
bigjames
Premium Member

Methinks that Mitch is a worm. "I'm just a big believer in the chemistry of the team", what a load of horse feathers (gotta watch it or I'll get censored, again).

There is an old song that goes 'Smilng faces tell lies, they don't tell the truth", Pascal, never trust a folks you don't know who seem to be your friends in business. On the other hand, Pascal's managment team may have screwed the deal up too. Chances are we will never know.

Now I am really ticked off that Harley didn't try harder!

bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 08:39 AM   #4
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Horse feathers?

Is that a lot like Rabbit fins?

Anyway, it all sounds a bit funny and I didn't think HMC could just up and drop a contract like that but I guess they can. Hopefully someone will see the talent this man possesses and give him a ride. Yep, this man Ran 2nd at Colorado for most of the race on a Hardley and he deserves a better chance.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 09:58 AM   #5
Corystal
Founding Member

If anybody else taped Daytona off of the speed channel, look closely at the Picotte interview in the paddock. Watch the team members in the backround, you can definately tell the team didn't appreciate Pascal's comments! I think you can see in this short segment that the"chemistry" was probably as Hansen says it was. Chemistry or not, it was rude to ambush Pascal.
Corystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 09:59 AM   #6
RickZ
Founding Member

You're right on. Watching Picotte ride the wheels off a substandard HD for the last four years, I swear that guy has the talent to ride almost anything on two wheels to the podium (anything but a Harley). If someone just gives him a chance, and a decent machine, he will kick A##. Picotte needs to get with a team that will appreciate his talent and be patient enough for him to get comfortable with a new bike. IMO, he would be a perfect match for the Castrol Honda team. Picotte is the kind of team rider who would make Edwards and the rest even better, and vice-versa.
RickZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 10:05 AM   #7
DoubleL
Founding Member

Default What did he say in the TV interview?

Corystal,

I missed the TV broadcast. What did Picotte say on TV that might have upset the team?

DoubleL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 10:08 AM   #8
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

I normally am not impressed much by riders on twins, unless they really pull off the amazing, but PP is good. If you can do the things he did on that crappy bike, you can really ride. And just when you thought HMC would get Chandler, looks like the Austin Blue Bayou just made an order for Testa engines with 2001 frames and they will be hiring Chandler and HMC will have no rider, unless HMC can run crying to Pascal or sucker DC away from ABB team.
Old 03-18-2002, 10:28 AM   #9
Pacer
Founding Member

It doesn't matter what he said. Ride your gut out on a crazy track, then have a $10 part break. I think you have got to give a guy some slack if he vents. Racing is about winning, not exchanging warm fuzzies. Picotte's adreniline was as high as it gets. Screw HMC I hope you watch every race from the stands.
Pacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 11:15 AM   #10
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Doesn't look like HMC will have any riders this season because J D Chandler is rumored to be riding for Austin Blue Bayou team with 2001 Chassis and 2002 testa engines. Maybe Picotte will get a free ride with them or Hansen may come crawling back. Seems like Chandler is/was in talks with both teams.