Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 03-18-2002, 12:22 PM   #11
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

Default Re: Picotte responds to HMC termination

Now there is a funny possibility. chandler goes to HMC and Picotte to Blue Bayou. any guesses as to the result? Picotte eats Chandler's lunch all year. No dis on Doug, but he's past his prime and Picotte is fast and motivated.

Other thought: eventually, Aprilia is going to show up. There are two, maybe three really hot riders that will be very gettable. Boz, Picotte and maybe Gobert. Any of these would ride the wheels off the RSV.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2002, 12:23 PM   #12
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

Whoops, I meant the Aprilia deal is for next year, not this year.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 07:25 PM   #13
spotter
Founding Member

I can't believe anyone would fire a rider of

Pasquale's ability after one race.It seems that

Mitch is not telling us something.Doug Chandler

is not at the same level he once was and is

less likely to be as competitive as Pasquale.

Somethings fishy at HMC.
spotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 04:26 AM   #14
Cyberj10
Founding Member

After reading this article and the one they posted on Cycle News (http://www.cyclenews.com/ShowStory.asp?HeadlineID=3126) I can’t tell you how incredibly pissed off I am at HMC Ducati, especially Mitch Hansen. What a ****!!! He knew damn well what he was planning on doing after Daytona, why else would he show up at Daytona without a contract for Picotte for the 2002 season? Here is a quote from the article on Cycle News:

“I never talked to him [Hansen],” Picotte said today. “He never returned my phone calls after Daytona. I’m really, really, really surprised. I thought he [Hansen] was special, a really kind man. I thought he had a lot of passion for racing and I thought the chemistry between us was really good. We had good tests, I worked well with the engineer they sent over from Italy. We went to Daytona and I kept hearing from them that I was the right person for the program. I missed the front row by a 10th of a second and he [Hansen] hugged me and told me how proud he was of me.”

If Hansen would have talked to Picotte, like a MAN, and sat down with him and explained the situation I wouldn’t feel the animosity I now feel for his program. How crappy you would feel if you were fired from your job (especially after your s***** bag boss told you what a great job you were doing) but the boss didn’t even have the balls to tell you in person? Instead, he just had the secretary do it or sent you out a notice over email. That just straight up STINKS!!! It’s all about how people are treated and how situations are handled and to me, HMC Ducati just plain spit in Picotte’s face.

Another thing, what the hell was Picotte’s manager thinking letting him start the season without a contract?!?! Un-F***ing-believable!!!! If I were Picotte’s manager I would have been like “my guy doesn’t touch your bike until the negotiating is done, signed and delivered (which should have happened way before the first race of the season). This just goes to show you that employers are always going to do what’s right for them and you can’t expect them look out for your interests. Picotte’s manager should have known better.

I am going to stop typing now before I really tell how feel and get banned from the site, hehe. HMC Ducati had the right to do fire Picotte but the way they did it to him just straight up wasn’t right. I would just like to say to Picotte, best of luck man. You are a mad talented rider and I hope you don’t let this cowardly act discourage you from looking for another ride and getting back out there.

Cyberj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 07:51 AM   #15
Sparky
Founding Member

What He said!!!!!!
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 10:50 AM   #16
motodude1
Founding Member

"no chemistry"....what a lame, sad-ass excuse!
Old 03-19-2002, 11:24 AM   #17
Pacer
Founding Member

It's been said before, but if chemistry was the ultimate factor, Foggarty is damn lucky he didn't work for HMC.
Pacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 07:42 PM   #18
Patrick-of-the-Hills
Founding Member

All those who think this "chemistry" has substantial amounts to do with the color green (especially in folding form), let's see hands.

Pascal, hang in there. Talent and determination will see through, somehow.
Patrick-of-the-Hills is offline   Reply With Quote