Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 03-18-2002, 08:50 AM   #1
4in6
Founding Member

Default Re: Pascal Picotte fired from HMC Ducati

He needs to go to World Superbike and race on the Castrol Honda team with C.E. www.amasuperbike.com has the whole story with interviews. Oh and they broke the story first and they didn't charge me $11.95 .
4in6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2002, 08:53 AM   #2
intruderman
Founding Member

Who-eee! That must have been some confrontation after the race. I don't remember his exact words, but i remember Pascal criticizing either the bike or his crew after the race. Now the question becomes...who will take his place????
intruderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 09:07 AM   #3
minime
Founding Member

4in6,

Larry Lawrence sent in the story as well as an interview with Mitch Hansen and Pascal Picotte well before any other site had info. Unfortunately, because we goofed and did not get him an appropriate administrative log-in, he couldn't make the story live.

Larry's the best, and I take full responsibility for handicapping both Larry and ourselves in this instance. I assure you it won't happen again as Hackfu is currently in the process of getting Larry everything he needs to help us bring you the best news first.

--Minime
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 09:29 AM   #4
4in6
Founding Member

Doug Chandler is replacing him go to www.amasuperbike.com if you want to read about it they broke this story and who was going to replace him already. Don't worry it doesen't cost $11.95 .
4in6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 09:29 AM   #5
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

DOUGIE CHANDLER, DOUG, DOUGLAS, whoelse?
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 09:30 AM   #6
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Ok, you are beating that horse to death, but I will help ya beat it.

It's free. Amasuperbike.com
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 06:08 PM   #7
Lowrez
Founding Member

Default OMG! A few hours late!

Does it really matter if MO didn't break this story? Sure other sites may be free, but are they as good? Since I don't really care about AMA racing I can't compare, but I know this site does a better job of reporting the WSB results than the official (and extremely crappy) website.

I'd pay $12/year just to read hackfu's opinions (mainly because I think he's dead on 95% of the time) and the occasionaly Burns rant is worth every part of sacrificing a single game of DOA2 once a month. If WSB could do some decent and timely reporting of their own events (why does it take so much effort to find out the current roster of WSB riders, crews, and bikes?) I'd even throw them a few bucks a year. Hopefully, MO will do this first so I'll have even more reason to renew.
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 09:08 PM   #8
john
Founding Member

Default Re: OMG! A few hours late!

i pay just for the access to all the archived bike reviews.....right now i am looking for a good used bike....900rr? 98 gsxr-750? i would like to read reviews first....MO has them, and they are VERY accessible. I never refresh every 5 minutes for news anyways....1 day doesnt much matter to me.

Keep on it guys, im starting to feel guilty for only paying 12 bucks.