Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 03-14-2002, 10:11 AM   #11
dirtybmxr
Founding Member

Default Re: Daytona 200 wrap-up feedback

I would have slapped that little brat silly if he launched me into the airfence like that. Extremely poor judgement and attitude on his part.
dirtybmxr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2002, 11:38 AM   #12
jhayton
Founding Member

Default Re: Daytona Smaytona

hate to be picky, but I think its a Triumph TT600 can...
jhayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2002, 08:11 AM   #13
4in6
Founding Member

His style? Oh you mean riding like he has a set of testicles. That move he put on bostrom were they had contact that decided the championship. Yeah I hate it when racers go out and ride aggressive maybe they could all line up and say good race to each other like little league too. Maybe they can let everybody stand on the podium so no one gets their feeling hurt.
4in6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 02:11 AM   #14
jamesohoh7
Founding Member

I'm sorry my ISP has been down for a few days b/c I missed this reply and odds are you won't see it b/c it's an older post. However...

I'd point out that obvious flaw in your logic and perspective on racing, but I'm not sure it'd help. Oh well, here goes: dude, if you think that ANYTHING is "o.k." in racing, you're sadly mistaken. Honest to God, you would have to be in the 1% minority that thought that Robert's move was "just fine". What if the guy would've won the championship had neither he nor Bostrom finished?... would you then justify a blatant 'take-out' move.. its happened in racing before, no doubt. Doesn't make it right though. I'm not a racer, nor do I have to be to know a bonehead move when I see one. By your logic, I'd have to be an expert on everything in life in order to have an opinion on it... you know that's bogus.

You have to look no farther than the opinions of the folks Roberts races against to know that the guy pulls some ridiculous 'stuff'. What about the stupidity in FX last year where he tried very hard to take out Hopkins?.. rammed him even! You going to defend that mess too?

For the record: I think Kurtis has more talent than he knows what to do with. I think if he stops getting overcome by the red-mist, he'll be a multi-time champ like his dad. I hope he gets it together, but I can't root for a guy that does stuff like that... if he calms down, I'll be right there (b/c I totally cheered for his dad and bro), but not before.

A good rider can pass cleanly. He's a good rider, he should pass cleanly. That's not 'touch-feely'.. that's just sanity.

-James
jamesohoh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 02:14 AM   #15
jamesohoh7
Founding Member

I read on another site not too many days ago that DiSalvo issued a very profound apology for his actions. So, I would have to retract my words about him. He showed some maturity that is beyond his brief years. Kurtis should talk to Jason and figure out where to find humility, IMHO.

-James
jamesohoh7 is offline   Reply With Quote