Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 03-10-2002, 10:22 PM   #1
Huss
Founding Member

Default Re: Daytona 200 by Arai results

Any updates on the condition of Gobert's brother?
Huss is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2002, 10:51 PM   #2
minime
Founding Member

Last we heard he was still in the hospital. We'll check and report back tomorrow on the condition of Anthony's little bro as well as the condition of Mladin's arm.
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 02:29 AM   #3
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Yamaha Commercial's were nice. So is Duhamel's girl. She's worth looking at the 200 for, even when Nicky has a big lead. That was amazing how he hit a bump and got hot into a corner, recovered and made up the 3-4 seconds to catch Gobert and Roberts. Amazing. Didn't burn up his tires either.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 03:25 AM   #4
jmeyn
Founding Member

Hayden ran a brilliant race, just drafting the other Hondas early, passing when they let him but letting them go when they insisted. He must have been exhausted after what he'd been through this weekend.

Roberts punished his tires duelling with Duhamel and Hayden, just insisting on 1st place when it wasn't necessary.

Too bad Duhamel's bike failed. He was flying.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 05:57 AM   #5
das
Founding Member

Agree on all points... you hate to see parts failures deciding races.

Anybody hear any more details on what happened to Duhamel's bike?

For those who didn't see it, Roberts' rear tire "delaminated", meaning the rubber came off the carcass. Yeah, he was abusing the tires, but that still shouldn't happen. He didn't crash, and even managed to get back to the pits fairly quickly, but it turns out that the flapping rubber damaged the exhaust system, and he was down on power for the rest of the race.
das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 06:55 AM   #6
MG57
Founding Member

On what channel was this televised? I checked my cable listings carefully and didn't find it anywhere. Ususally it's on ESPN or 2 or Fox Sports net, I forget where, but this year nada! Apparently in lieu of college basketball.

Anyway, now I'm curious. Your replies are appreciated.
MG57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 07:02 AM   #7
surfimp
Founding Member

It was live on Speed Channel (formerly Speedvision). I think they had exclusive rights to it? It will be rebroadcast a number of times over the next month, so you've got a good chance to see it if you want. Check out http://www.speedtv.com for the schedule.
surfimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 07:18 AM   #8
MG57
Founding Member

Thanks. Unfortunately, I don't have access to this.
MG57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 07:39 AM   #9
Patrick-of-the-Hills
Founding Member

1. Four different bikes in the top five is cool.

2. No Ducatis at all? Not so cool.

3. Love to know how much sponsorship/support cash Suzuki paid out this weekend to its horde. Seventh through twenty-fifth place?!

4. Bugs me that everyone is contractually obliged to refer to this as The Daytona 200 By Arai. If we're learning marketing stuff from NASCAR, how about figuring out that excessive commercialization is a turn-off?

5. Congratulations to Nicky; get well soon, Mat and, um, Anthony's little brother; we'll miss you, Scott.
Patrick-of-the-Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 07:41 AM   #10
Cyberj10
Founding Member

This was my first chance to catch a live Daytona 200 race and I must say that while it was quite entertaining that had to be the biggest cluster F motorcycle race that I have ever seen. I'm just glad the rest of the AMA superbike races aren't that long. Between rider crashes and mechanical failures I don't think there would be any riders left after a full season of 50 plus lab races, hehe. Awesome race though, my congrats to Nicky and I wish a speedy recovery to all those who crashed.
Cyberj10 is offline   Reply With Quote