Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > AMA Racing

Old 03-07-2002, 02:54 PM   #1
blademan
Founding Member

Default Re: Nicky Hayden on Daytona Pole

1. RC51

2. RC51

3. RC51

ROTFLMAO at the Honda Haters! Gotta suck if your not a Honda Fan. First post NOOCH
blademan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2002, 06:30 PM   #2
A_Nominal_Squid
Founding Member

Nice to see Picotte in the top 5 as well...maybe now he's on a decent bike he'll do better.
A_Nominal_Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 07:54 PM   #3
Van
Founding Member

These times are insane. They just SMASHED the record. Nicky is not.....human.

I guess Honda's little jaunt back to Japan this past week to do rider-on-bike aero testing did some good, eh?

Honda might just win everything worth winning this year in roadracing, they seem so pissed.

Anybody really want to bet against Rossi in MotoGp?

Honda definitely ought to win the constructor's championship in AMA Superbike, and at this point you couldn't rule out any of their three riders from wiinng either Sunday or for the season. Mladin's still Mladin but I predict that before long here we'll be hearing Mladin complaining that his bike is no longer competitive with the V-Twins, namely the Hondas.

World Superbike looks to be a helluva battle. There, Honda, with only one rider, has their work cut out. Even if this year the RC51 is the best bike (which remains to be seen) I'm not all that confident that Honda's got the best rider. Edwards is good, but I'd take Haga over him and probably Bayliss as well.

In any case, I'm pumped for all this....
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 02:21 AM   #4
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

I don't know. Everyone is praising this years RC51, saying it provides so much more grip and so much more feel, which is the right direction. I don't think to many others will win races this year in AMA, other than the top three you see here. I figure that Mladin will be wearing the number 3 plate next year claiming he wants to go to GP or wants a bigger bike.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 06:55 AM   #5
WoofBoy
Founding Member

First he sets the supersport lap record.

Then he sets the track record on a Superbike.

And he finishes it off by wadding a bike that probably cost more to assemble than most of us will make in a year.

He's one hell of a rider, and he's got some excellent toys. Even if he does break them once in a while.

WoofBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 07:33 AM   #6
fasthrc
Founding Member

I heard the top speeds on the bankings were in the 190's. That's ridiculous, they must have gotten at least another 10-15hp out that twin since last year, even with their aero strips on the fairings.

I too am glad Picotte is up there, it's about time he got on a real bike. Too bad for him he lost all that time at Harley when he could have been winning races.
fasthrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 08:45 AM   #7
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

While I must commend Hayden on his superlative qualifying performance and excellent taste in first names, I still think that Miguel DuHamel is going to win.

NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 11:22 AM   #8
98Viffer
Founding Member

I love the RC51... I really do. I currently ride its distant cousin, the VTR1000 Superhawk. But know this, Honda WILL abandon the V-Twin platform in another year. The rules are changing regarding multicylinder engines being able to be larger than 750cc. Honda is going BACK to their wonderful V4 layout... this time 1000cc!!! Woo hoo!! Can't wait... Love those V4s.
98Viffer is offline   Reply With Quote