Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Advanced Riding

Old 10-24-2008, 10:40 AM   #11
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
The good news is there is nothing that Obama can take that Buz can't bilk out of some poor senior citizen!
Oil prices falling. Home sales in CA up 65%.

Funny how things auto-correct before the idiots in DC can do anything about it.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2008, 10:40 AM   #12
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

It will be a truly sad day in the country when Buz will no longer be able to bilk seniors out of their pensions and raid their 401K's. I'm ashamed to be an American!
Old 10-24-2008, 11:29 AM   #13
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
I'm ashamed to be an American!

Talk to Michelle, she can tell you how great it is to be an Amurican now that ol' Barak is our fair-haired boy.....

Perhaps some inspirational music will help...

YouTube - Rammstein-Amerika

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:56 AM   #14
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Oil prices falling. Home sales in CA up 65%.

Funny how things auto-correct before the idiots in DC can do anything about it.
Funny how Europe and the rest of the world came out of the "Great Depression" after only a couple of years. Show's just how "great" FDR was. I see the republicrats are trying real hard to repeat his "successes".
Old 10-25-2008, 06:27 AM   #15
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Roadracingworld.com just reported that Freddie's bikes were picked up by Honda and Instructors haven't been paid in months. As a small business owner I understand financial issues but the classes were still bringing in students in the door. I hope that Freddie works it out with Honda and the instructors. I'd hate to watch a legend be reduced to a wash out.
That absolutly bits the big one. Although I do remember his big come back w/Two Brothers Racing in the early ninties, that did'nt turn out so well either. Wouldnt stop me from taking his School though. I believe that market is flooded by people who dont really have real solid credentials, such as Freedie Spencer.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 10-25-2008 at 06:38 AM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 07:42 AM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
That absolutly bits the big one. Although I do remember his big come back w/Two Brothers Racing in the early ninties, that did'nt turn out so well either. Wouldnt stop me from taking his School though. I believe that market is flooded by people who dont really have real solid credentials, such as Freedie Spencer.
Oh, I think that Freddie has really good credentials as a racer. However that doesn't translate into either an ability to teach effectively or good business sense. You have to have enough customers to pay the bills and you have to make more than you spend. You probably understand this since you work for a small business. The line between profitability and bankruptcy can be pretty thin.

Superbike school is another of the luxuries that has fallen on hard times along with other recreation-oriented businesses.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:27 AM   #17
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Usually the most mediocre players or racers make the best coaches and teachers. The best racers usually had natural talent that they never had to learn and can't teach. The average usually worked like hell and tried everything until they found the things that worked which they can then relay to Joe Average to make them a better racer.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:00 PM   #18
SLCUtah
Registered Member

Sorry to hear about the school. This economy is killing everything it seems. Whats next?
SLCUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:37 PM   #19
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Usually the most mediocre players or racers make the best coaches and teachers. The best racers usually had natural talent that they never had to learn and can't teach. The average usually worked like hell and tried everything until they found the things that worked which they can then relay to Joe Average to make them a better racer.
You hit the nail on the head there, LR.